Police said the bloggers for MacDroolMag were strapping the explosive C-4 to a sapphire crystal that is said to be the new display for the upcoming iPhone 6. The bomb, however, set off before the bloggers could bring the explosive device outside to some nearby open space and video-tape their test, the authorities said.
|Photo: Nick Savchenko, TYDN|
"We are extremely excited to announce that there wasn't a single scratch on the sapphire crystal," Smarms said. "We believe Apple is making the smart choice with this new sapphire screen."
The authorities withheld the bloggers' names pending notification of next of kin.
The screens are made of layers of man-made sapphire glass that render them able to withstand any force.
- Apple to Debut "Calling Feature" in New iPhone
- CIA Demands Apple Disable Siri From Speaking Persian (TYDN)
- Apple Cancels Transgender Siri Voice Option in Upcoming iOS 8 (TYDN)
- EXCLUSIVE: iPhone 6 Packaging is "Drool-Worthy" (TYDN)
- iPhone Maker Foxconn Doubling Wages to 2 Cents Hourly (TYDN)
- Apple Tells Store Employees to Be Kindler, Gentler (TYDN)