The bold announcement from the Republican stunned pundits from both the left and the right. They said Perry's actions opened up a new currency bank for politicians to dip into when facing corruption charges. Perry's brazen move, these pundits added, takes on even more significance as politicians from across the United States are expected to face graft and other criminal allegations in the coming days, weeks and years.
|Photo: Ed Schipul/TYDN|
Bitcoin has been becoming popular. In recent months, Bitcoin ATM machines have cropped up across the country and many businesses have been accepting the new currency. Just last week, for example, the vending machines aboard the International Space Station began accepting bitcoin as payment for foodstuffs.
Perry insiders, meanwhile, said the potential 2016 GOP presidential candidate did not consider the wide-ranging precedent he'd be setting by using Bitcoin to help defend against criminal charges. Instead, Perry insiders told TheYellowDailyNews that the Texas governor's move to Bitcoin was a shot across the bow to Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg and the Travis County Grand Jury, which indicted him last week on corruption allegations.
Perry is accused of abusing his power after vetoing state funds for public corruption prosecutors. Perry, who has decried the indictment against him as outrageous, is expected to be arraigned Friday.
- Blagojevich Leads Obama in Latest Poll (TYDN)
- Bonds' Penis 'Shrinkage' Subject of Steroid Trial )TYDN)
- TheYellowDailyNews: Sex Offenders Sentenced to Freedom (TYDN)
- Google Bans Google Glass at Googleplex (TYDN)
- Shares of Molson Coors Brewing Co. Soar Following "Fat-Burning" beer debut (TYDN)
- International Space Station Vending Machines Accepting Bitcoin (TYDN)