Firefighters were responding to a five-alarm fire, allegedly set with a Molotov cocktail thrown from the rampaging crowd. The entire Apple retail store was consumed by fire, witnesses told TheYellowDailyNews. SWAT teams and the US National Guard were rushing to the scene to quell the melee. All the while, thousands of would-be iPhone purchasers were clashing with each other, Apple sales clerks and with baton-wielding police.
|Photo: Remo Cassella/TYDN|
Witnesses to the Cleveland disaster said things were running smoothly when Apple opened its downtown retail store's doors at an unusually early time of 6 a.m. But at about 6:30 a.m., supplies of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus had dried up, leaving a throng of angry consumers without Apple's newest product.
"It was kinda like a cross between a Somali food distribution center and the Los Angeles rights," witness Delphia Melfstein said in an exclusive interview with TheYellowDailyNews.
Melfstein, who was airlifted to a local hospital for smoke inhalation, said she saw a mob leap the sales counter and began assaulting Apple store clerks and demanding Apple sell them iPhones.
"But then there was all this smoke and fire," Melfstein said, "and everybody just ran."
- Apple iWatch Said to Tell Time, Insiders Say (TYDN)
- Apple Cancels Transgender Siri Voice Option in Upcoming iOS 8 (TYDN)
- CIA Demands Apple Disable Siri From Speaking Persian (TYDN)
- Apple Cultists Popping Ritalin Ahead of iPad3 Unveiling (TYDN)
- EXCLUSIVE: iPhone 6 Packaging is "Drool-Worthy" (TYDN)
- New iPhones Are Elegant, Gorgeous, Curvaceous and Awesome (TYDN)