The vote-buying investigation comes to light just six weeks before the November elections and is the nation's first involving the crypto-currency Bitcoin, political strategists told TheYellowDailyNews on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the topic. What's more, the indictments amount to the latest phase of a federal investigation that people familiar with the probe said is blowing a hole in the Washington power structure believed built through Bitcoin payments to voters, lobbyists, politicians, judges and the federal bureaucracy.
|Photo: Wally Gobetz/TYDN
In the latest political mess, the authorities declined to identify the accused, but have scheduled a 3 p.m. news conference to announce the conclusion of the investigation that included the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Homeland Security, sources with direct knowledge of the scandal told TheYellowDailyNews on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the topic.
"Some candidates had such wanton disregard for the law," an FBI source connected to the case told TheYellowDailyNews on condition of anonymity, "that they even tried to buy votes of dead people with Bitcoin."
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry's Criminal Defense Fund Accepting Bitcoin (TYDN)
- International Space Station Vending Machines Accepting Bitcoin (TYDN)
- TYDN Poll: Which Political Party Will Destroy America First (TYDN)
- McCain, Obama Label Each Other 'Jackass' (TYDN)
- Romney Takes 6 Wives to Shore Up Mormon Vote (TYDN)
- Mitt Romney To Pay $2.99 In Taxes For 2010-2011 (TYDN)